Strathfield Partners Pty Ltd ABN 84 078 055 857 (Strathfield Partners) is committed to providing quality services to you and this policy outlines our ongoing obligations to you in respect of how we manage your Personal Information.
We have adopted the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the Privacy Act). The APPs govern the way in which we collect, use, disclose, store, secure and dispose of your Personal Information.
A copy of the Australian Privacy Principles may be obtained from the website of The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.aoic.gov.au.
What is Personal Information and why do we collect it?
Personal Information is information or an opinion that identifies an individual. Examples of Personal Information we collect includes: names, addresses, email addresses, phone and facsimile numbers (Personal Information).
How we may collect Personal Information
We may collect Personal Information in many ways including via interviews, correspondence, by telephone and facsimile, email, our website https://www.strathfieldpartners.com.au/ (Website), from media and publications, from other publicly available sources, from cookies, and from third parties. We don’t guarantee website links or policy of authorised third parties.
We may also collect Personal Information when you:
- send us your inquiries, comments, suggestions or feedback;
- register for any services offered on this site;
- subscribe to our automatic database updating system;
- request sales and advertising information.
Why we may collect Personal Information
We collect your Personal Information for the primary purpose of providing our services to you, providing information to our clients and marketing.
We may also use your Personal Information for secondary purposes closely related to the primary purpose, in circumstances where you would reasonably expect such use or disclosure, such as (among other things) to:
- send you promotional messages, marketing, advertising, and other information based on your preferences and social media advertising through social media platforms;
- personalize, measure, and improve our advertising;
- administer referral programs, rewards, surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by Strathfield Partners or its third-party partners;
- analyse characteristics and preferences to send you promotional messages, marketing, advertising and other information that we think might be of interest to you; and
- invite you to events and relevant opportunities.
You may unsubscribe from our mailing/marketing lists at any time by contacting us in writing.
Personal information may also be used to enable, or authorize third parties to use, payment services, such as to:
- detect and prevent money laundering, fraud, abuse, security incidents;
- conduct security investigations and risk assessments;
- comply with legal obligations (such as anti-money laundering regulations);
- enforce our payment terms and other payment policies;
- with your consent, send you promotional messages, marketing, advertising, and other information that may be of interest to you based on your preferences; and
- provide and improve the payment services.
When we collect Personal Information, we will, where appropriate and where possible, explain to you why we are collecting the information and how we plan to use it.
Sensitive information is defined in the Privacy Act to include information or opinion about such things as an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political
association, religious or philosophical beliefs, membership of a trade union or other professional body, criminal record or health information.
Sensitive information will be used by us only:
- for the primary purpose for which it was obtained;
- for a secondary purpose that is directly related to the primary purpose;
- with your consent; or
- where required or authorised by law.
Where reasonable and practicable to do so, we will collect your Personal Information only from you. However, in some circumstances we may be provided with information by third parties. In such a case we will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of the information provided to us by the third party.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Your Personal Information may be disclosed in a number of circumstances including the following:
- third parties where you consent to the use or disclosure; and
- where required or authorised by law.
Security of Personal Information
Your Personal Information is stored in a manner that reasonably protects it from misuse and loss and from unauthorized access, modification or disclosure.
When your Personal Information is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was obtained, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your Personal Information.
However, most of the Personal Information is or will be stored in client files which will be kept by us for a minimum of seven (7) years.
Access to your Personal Information
You may access the Personal Information we hold about you and to update and/or correct it, subject to certain exceptions. If you wish to access your Personal Information, please contact us in writing.
Strathfield Partners will not charge any fee for your access request but may charge an administrative fee for providing a copy of your Personal Information.
In order to protect your Personal Information, we may require identification from you before releasing the requested information.
Maintaining the Quality of your Personal Information
It is an important to us that your Personal Information is up to date. We will take reasonable steps to make sure that your Personal Information is accurate, complete and up to date. If you find that the information we have is not up to date or is inaccurate, please advise us as soon as practicable so we can update our records and ensure we can continue to provide quality services to you.
This Policy may change from time to time and is available on our Website.
02 9763 2277