If you are looking for a suburb that has good transport links, affordability and a friendly community then Abbotsford is the place for you! Not only does this area have great access to public transport and schools, but it also has excellent shopping facilities at Birkenhead Point and Rhodes. The local authority are investing heavily into making improvements to the suburb so there is potential for further development in the future too.
Abbotsford is located well for transport links – the Sydney CBD, airport, harbour and outer east are all close by.
The suburb is well-placed for transport links, with the Sydney CBD only 17km away, the airport just 10km and the harbour and outer east another 10km. Public transport options are plentiful, with buses running on Victoria Road every few minutes during peak times. The light rail station on Victoria Road makes it easy to travel into the city or further out if you want to explore further afield in Sydney.
Affordability – higher density apartments in Abbotsford are more affordable than other inner city suburbs such as Glebe and Balmain West.
- You can get a great apartment in Abbotsford.
- In general, the cost of apartments in Abbotsford is much lower than other inner city areas such as Glebe and Balmain West. This makes them much more affordable for people with average and low incomes compared to other parts of Sydney’s inner west.
- If you are looking for an apartment that doesn’t break the bank, then living in Abbotsford will be your best option. Check out some Abbotsford rentals and houses for sale here.
Location in the Inner West of Sydney with access to good shopping (at Birkenhead Point and Rhodes), restaurants, cafes, bars and schools.
Abbotsford is in the Inner West of Sydney with access to good shopping (at Birkenhead Point and Rhodes), restaurants, cafes and bars. The location is also close to schools.
- Birkenhead Point offers a huge variety of shops including; Apple Store, David Jones and Myer Department Store.
- Rhodes Marketplace has many modern chain stores such as Coles Supermarkets, Dan Murphys Pubs, Myer Department Stores etc.
- The Inner West has many cafes for coffee breaks or lunches which include; Black Star Pastry Cafe specialising in sweets; The Grounds Coffee Shop & Kitchen which serves coffee made from beans sourced direct from growers worldwide; Abbotsford Hotel serving beer & wine plus meals seven days per week; Abbotsford Convent School Cafe serving lunchtime meals five days per week; Leichhardt North Public School Canteen offering hot lunches daily during term time (except holidays) for students at the school only.
An overview about why this area is a good place to live
There are many reasons why Abbotsford is the ideal place to live in Sydney. One of the main reasons is because it’s located in Western Sydney, which means that it’s closer to the city than other suburbs are. It also means that there are more transit options available for getting around town and into central Sydney, like trains and buses. Plus, living here will save you money on transportation costs compared to other areas outside of the city center like Parramatta or Penrith.
Another thing working in Abbotsford’s favor is its affordability: it’s one of Australia’s most affordable suburbs when compared against other areas throughout NSW (and Australia as a whole). If you’re looking for an area where you can purchase property without breaking your budget then this might be worth checking out! In fact there have been plans announced recently by local authorities which include rezoning land so they can build more apartments; these new apartments will include social housing units which should help make sure everyone has access no matter what income bracket they fall under!
Real Estate in Abbotsford
Whether you are looking for a new home or an investment property, Abbotsford should be one of the first areas to consider. It has everything that you would expect from inner-city living at an affordable price point. If you are looking for something more affordable than other areas of Sydney, such as units and houses for sale or rent, then this is a great option.
Buy a property in Abbotsford
Strathfield Partners Real Estate is one of the leading real estate businesses in NSW. With years of experience in the field, our agents will surely give you the best real estate and property management service.